- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 16 frozen turkey meatballs
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, crosswise. Place in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, but side down*.
- In a processor or blender, combine tomatoes, salt, garlic powder, pepper and oregano. Puree until smooth. Pour into bottom of slow cooker.
- Place meatballs over tomatoes, around spaghetti squash. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Using tongs and kitchen gloves, remove spaghetti squash from slow cooker. Scoop out seeds and discard. Scoop out flesh into a sieve or colander and let drain a few minutes to reduce moisture. Transfer to a bowl and toss with butter or olive oil.
- Divide between 4 plates and top with sauce and meatballs.
*Notes: To make the hard squash easier to cut, put it whole into the microwave for 2-3 minutes prior to cutting. You can remove the seeds prior to putting the squash into the slow-cooker as well.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (Yields 4 Servings):
PER SERVING: 11.8 g of carbs and 1.92 g of fiber. Total net carbs = 9.88 g.
FOOD ENERGY: 235kcal Total fat: 13.52g Calories from fat: 121 Cholesterol: 80mg Carbohydrate: 11.80g Total dietary fiber: 1.92g Protein: 15.39g Sodium: 504mg