- 1/2 of an 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1/4 cup 60% to 70% tub-style vegetable oil spread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar or 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar substitute blend*
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup**
- 1 tablespoon 60% to 70% tub-style vegetable oil spread, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 12 pecan halves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. For pastry, in a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and the 1/4 cup vegetable oil spread with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Stir in flour. Divide dough into 12 equal portions. Using 12 ungreased 2 1/2-inch muffin cups, press each portion evenly into the bottom and up the side of one of the cups (pastry will be thin). Bake for 15 minutes (pastry will shrink slightly as it bakes).
- For Pecan Filling, in a medium bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, syrup, the 1 tablespoon melted vegetable oil spread, and the vanilla until combined. Stir in the chopped pecans. Spoon mixture evenly into hot pastry-lined muffin cups. If desired, top each cup with a pecan half.
- Bake about 30 minutes more or until pastry is golden and filling is puffed. Cool slightly in muffin cups. Carefully remove pies from muffin cups and transfer to a wire rack. Cool about 20 minutes; serve warm. (Or, cool completely before serving. Store mini pies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving.)
- *Sugar Substitutes: Use 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Splenda® Sugar Blend for Baking or Sun Crystals® baking blend.
- *Sugar Substitutes: PER MINI PIE WITH SUBSTITUTE: same as basic recipe, except 173 cal., 16 g carb.
- **Syrup Substitutes: Substitute sugar-free or light maple-flavor syrup or agave nectar plus 1/4 teaspoon maple flavoring (if desired) for the pure maple syrup.
- **Syrup Substitutes: PER MINI PIE WITH SUGAR-FREE MAPLE-FLAVOR SYRUP: same as basic recipe, except 159 cal., 97 mg sodium, 13 g carb.
- **Syrup Substitutes: PER MINI PIE WITH AGAVE NECTAR: same as basic recipe, except 176 cal., 88 mg sodium, 17 g carb.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 20
PER SERVING: 182 cal., 10 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 7 mg chol., 89 mg sodium, 19 g carb. (1 g fiber, 10 g sugars), 3 g pro.
Other Carb (d.e): 1; Fat (d.e): 2;