- 1 ½ cups 100% whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup Splenda, No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup egg beaters
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini, washed, ends removed and finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Add all the liquid ingredients in a small bowl including the eggs, applesauce and oil until blended.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir 50 times, until well blended.
- Add the shredded zucchini and the walnuts and stir in until just blended.
- Scoop batter into a muffin tin that has been sprayed lightly with butter flavored vegetable spray.
- Fill the muffin wells ⅔ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minute; checking for doneness with a toothpick that comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack, serve warm for breakfast or brunch.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Amount Per Serving: Calories 148.5, Calories from Fat (43%) 63.53, Total Fat 7.46g, Saturated Fat 0.66g, Cholesterol 0.1mg, Sodium 191.2mg, Potassium 168.72mg, Total Carbohydrates 18.43g, Fiber 2.44g, Sugar 6.12g, Protein 4.07g
Source: My San Francisco Kitchen